A rapidly expanding company supplying aeration systems including high-efficiency turbo blowers with ancillaries, control panels and field instruments to waste treatment plants and other industries is seeking a Commissioning Technician to travel to customer sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to customer sites as requested by the Commissioning Manager.
- Carry out work as described in the Service Request defined per the commission plan and ensure job completion.
- Proactively identify issues, manage trouble shooting activities and coordinate resolution in a timely manner.
- Prepare & submit complete field service reports.
- Support Quality Assurance by providing information about the product on site, as requested.
- Support the Commissioning Manager for planning and implementation of the system start-up.
- Trouble shooting electrical systems as required from 24V to 480V.
- Monitor and record test data using computer-based software.
- Prepare and perform O&M training for the system being commissioned.
Knowledge and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have strong computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office software and either a 2-year Associate degree in electrical or industrial technology or a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with electrical and industrial controls.
- Previous Travel, Field Service, Customer Support and Sales experience is desired.
- The candidate must have strong problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities, ability to use inspection tools and strong oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills. Be able to work within all departments in a professional manner supporting other staff as needed. PLC, HMI & VFD experience is preferred.
- Dedicated to achieving project schedules and milestones and the ability to work in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities while staying a team player.
- The candidate must have a strong attention to detail. Be able to work with minimal supervision. Ability to read and understand blueprints and specifications.
- Work in a safe and conscious effort to comply with safety policies and good manufacturing processes.
- Available to travel the US and internationally for unit start up and service.
- Will have or be able to apply for and obtain a passport.
- Organized and able to execute accurate and timely follow-ups.
Work is normally performed in a field installation environment with typical shop/field hazards. Prescribed personal protective equipment will be required to include eye protection, safety shoes and hearing protection in designated areas. Outside work in a wide range of weather conditions is typical.
The physical demands and working environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Work within the guidelines of NFPA-70E for electrical safety.
- Must be willing to travel and/or work on weekends and holidays.
- A minimum of 80% travel may be required.
- Work from home when not traveling.
Relocation opportunity is possible.