Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, the Electrical Engineer is responsible for ensuring that electrical engineering and control drawings continuously meet the requirements of various projects.
- Review technical specifications from customers and highlight difference with our standard design
- Create and update standard electrical & control drawings for the turbo blower;
- Modify engineering and control drawings to meet project specific requirements;
- Provide technical assistance to the sales team during the bidding process of the project;
- Provide technical assistance in the preparation of submittals and other technical documents;
- Coordinate with various departments, suppliers and customers as needed;
- Define required specifications for turbo blower circuit breaker;
- Define required specifications for Input Reactor, Harmonic Filters and Sinus Filters;
- Define required specifications for Variable Speed Drive;
- Strong knowledge of NECIUL/Crequirements,asset
- Prepare technical memos related to the electrical system of the turbo blower
- Able to read and interpret electrical wiring diagrams and schematics
- Experience in PLC programming.
- Experience and interest in power electronics(motors, drivers)
- Bachelors or master’s in electrical engineering;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Strong knowledge of AutoCad Electric 2013;
- Ability to update and modify software and design of turbo blower LCP and MCP is considered an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken). French is an asset;
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Must be proactive, have excellent interpersonal and client-relation skills and strong technical ability.
- Knowledge of Canadian Electric Code, NFPA to NEC
- Familiar with UL and CSA standard