A rapidly expanding company supplying aeration systems including high-efficiency turbo blowers with ancillaries, control panels and field instruments to waste treatment plants and other industries is seeking a Technical Services Technician II to support the commissioning activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Create and modify Technical Service Instructions.
· Assist the Commissioning Manager in developing start-up documentation for new products.
· Perform internal technical training with the Commissioning Technicians to maintain and develop their knowledge base.
· Receive customer service calls and assist clients in troubleshooting blower related issues during the commissioning phase.
· Remotely support Commissioning Technicians on a as needed basis.
· Maintain a case database within the company ERP system for the projects under commissioning.
· Perform testing of returned product from the field.
· Troubleshooting electrical systems as required.
· Contact suppliers of equipment related to the blower system to discuss technical matters.
· Availability to travel to sites for service if needed.
· Rotate On-Call with other company employees for the company’s 24/7/365 customer service support line.
· Generate and maintain reports for various activities relating to Technical Services.
· Other tasks as required based on departmental needs.
· Back-up to the Commissioning Manager.
Knowledge and Experience
· Degree in Mechanical or electrical required or relevant work experience.
· At least 5 years of experience as a Test or Field Service Technician for rotating equipment and/or instruments & controls.
· Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point.
· Experience with PLC and HMI programming is preferred.
· Technical writing skills required.
· The candidate must have strong problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities, ability to use inspection tools and strong oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills. Be able to work within all departments in a professional manner supporting other staff as needed.
· The candidate will be dedicated to achieving project schedules and milestones and the ability to work in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities while staying a team player.
· The candidate must have a strong attention to detail. Be able to work with minimal supervision. Ability to read and understand blueprints and specifications.
· The candidate must have good written and verbal communication internally and for external clients.
· The ideal candidate will work in a safe and conscious effort to comply with safety policies and good manufacturing processes.