In this role, the Electro-Mechanical Technician will support product development and future production duties for a new, microturbine-powered Turbo Blower. This will involve performing manual tasks associated with assembly and testing of a new Turbo Blower product. The job is based out of the APG-Neuros facility, located in Blainville, QC.
The following duties will be performed on a daily and as needed basis.
· Perform low voltage electrical wiring connections on the product – sensors, thermocouples, electrical components, computers, etc.
· Responsible for installation and wiring connection of industrial control panels
· Ensure electrical safety precautions are being taken during conduct of work and product itself is electrically safe and void of electrical hazards
· Propose improvements to be made and engage in recurring discussions regarding electrical connections/routings that improve access, installation, maintenance, reliability, and cost
· Assist with assembly and disassembly of microturbine, enclosure, and its ancillary components
· Modify and create fixture & assembly tooling’s when needed.
· Ensure all shop tools are in good working order and are stored properly at the conclusion of daily activity. Maintain them when needed.
· Maintain assembly area 5S cleanliness
· Perform rotor balance activities as necessary
· Be knowledgeable of and can perform part inspections using hand gauges and electronic inspection equipment
· Maintain organized part inventory and be able to retrieve inventory
· Other duties as necessary
· Good verbal and written communication skills in English and French
· Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
· Can read single-line electrical diagrams
· Can interpret well a control panel layout and provide suggestions for better wiring routes
· Has a good understanding of separation of high and low voltage circuits
· Can make electrical connections using various crimping tools, wire types and wire gages
· Certified to drive a forklift or is willing to attain certification
· Proficiency at using mechanical hand tools
· Welding capability is good, but not mandatory
· Able to work with Inspection measuring tools. Know high precision dimensions.
· Inspect the parts to be assembled and verify the fits tolerances in turbines.
· Microsoft Office skill – Excel and MS Word
· Organized and can react to changes in work and schedule
· Is physically capable of performing manual tasks and can lift weight up to 20kg
· Is knowledge of using a balance machine or can be trained to perform this task
· Team player – good interpersonal skills
· DEP or DEC certification
· Minimum 5 years of experience as an electro-mechanical technician
· Can work 40-hour work week, can accommodate occasional flexible schedule, and can work extended work hours if requested
· On occasion may be asked to travel to perform maintenance or perform after-market service if needed
· Able to travel to APGN facility in Plattsburgh, NY (USA) – possession of a valid passport is required
· Employee expected to work in the facility full-time. This is not a remote or hybrid position.
· Some knowledge of electric motors, pumps is desirable but not mandatory